Makati, PhilippinesFull Time
|Job Title||Systems Engineer|
|Job Type||Entry Level|
Your role at Entropy
The systems engineer plays a vital role in the multi-dimensional computer world. Primarily they define the customer’s or stakeholder’s needs and essential functionality in the early stages of product or service development cycle.
The systems engineer will often work together with a project manager and the engineering crew and becomes the primary point of communication to interlink between the two to simplify the accomplishment of a successful system.
- To Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX) is plus
- Experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Information security
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of systems engineering software tools
- Organizational skills
- Patience and attention to detail
Most system engineers work normal to long hours,. Most positions are in clean and comfortable office environments or laboratories, in which injuries are rare.
Mobile computing and communication continues to make telecommuting work possible within the industry.
Apply for this Job
Interested to apply for this position? Fill up the form below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org